the new classic


The Nordstrom Anniversary sale officially starts tomorrow NOW so it's time to make some executive decisions. I consider sales a game in which you must become fully in tune with your own psyche as well as the value proposition of the sale in order to win the game. Don't you fucking dare buy a tan bag you don't love just because you need one and it's on sale. Instead, I think of this particular sale as an opportunity to snag classic items I will always need that normally a. don't go on sale or b. don't go on sale when you actually need them. I also choose brands I covet vs Nordstrom house brands (while cute, not in line with my sale strategy). Take a walk with me...


1. Black blazer (Theory)I'm assuming you have one, but maybe you're like me and you lost it or (also like me) it just isn't that perfect sharp style/fit and it's time for an upgrade.

2. Peep toe booties (Joie) Did you know that if you have a hint of toe showing in booties it gives the illusion of making your legs look longer? Go search Taylor Tomasi Hill on Pinterest and look at her shoes during Fall FW.

3. Tough short boots (Stuart Weitzman):To balance things out when you want to look like a delicate flower.

4. PAJAMAS (Ralph Lauren): You spend (ideally) 8 hours every single day sleeping. Or maybe you just don't feel like getting out of bed sometimes. Or maybe you are having a luxurious morning. It takes the same amount of effort to put on a shitty pair of sweats and t-shirt as it does a fabulous pajama set.

5. Active wear (Nike): I feel the same way about active wear as I do about pajamas. It's just as easy to find attractive options as it is ugly options. I was that girl in work out class not too long ago with a baggy t-shirt and sweat pants. No one wants to look and more importantly feel like they are hosting amateur hour. Fake it til you make it and you will feel like a goddess.

6. Jeans (Paige): I just got a pair of skinny dark jeans on sale I had been putting off buying ($200 for blue cotton wahhhhh) and I have been wearing them so much that my hands are blue because I haven't washed said jeans yet. For the past few weeks, anytime my hands are going to be part of an Instagram I have to go wash them off (I'm going to wash the jeans this weekend).











Comments

Popular Posts