turn on the light


I've been making some power moves over here per usual, specifically in my home. For the first time in my entire life, I decided to eliminate TV from my bedroom. I don't have "shows" anymore so it was just background noise. Still, I hypothesized it was likely hindering my productivity whether I was still up when I should be sleeping or lingering in bed when I should be on a morning run.  TV was not making me a happier or more interesting person so it had to go. 

 I shall focus on reading and discovering new music I thought. I was elated. I loved this new way of life. That is, until I started to become fixated on my bedroom light, otherwise known as the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Without the background noise, I had become hyper aware of my surroundings. Every night, I lay there, staring at it in disgust. I've lived with it for three years and it never bothered me before which made me even more uneasy. I was sure I shared the same light fixture as a prison cell. I needed this rectified...and quickly... 


..Ta da! I'm living in a whole new world now. Here's my step by step light installation process:

1. I stumbled upon lightinabox.com and loved their chic and affordable chandelliers. Done.

2. I was feeling very empowered so I went to YouTube for videos in light installation to do it myself. I watched a few videos, then deemed myself equally independent if I hire someone to install it for  me.

3. I posted a light installation task on Task Rabbit for $36. Someone picked up the task within the hour.

4. My Task Rabbit installed it the next day.

5. Now I have a bedroom light like a boss.


Comments

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts