cheers!

St.Helena is a charming small town in wine country and what I would describe as a "one horse town," but only in the best possible ways. It's the type of place where literally everyone knows everyone and all their families' drama business. The first Friday of every month they close down the one developed road aptly named Main Street for "Cheers!" Every shop hosts a wine vendor to pour so not only do you get to taste amazing local wine & champagnes, but you can check out all the swag in the local shops. Foot Candy & Pearl Wonderful Clothing boutiques are particularly dangerous stops. Tickets to the event are a mere $35!
This is my friend Sully, a real, live St.Helenaian. Let the record show this was not a candid photo, but carefully staged. It was especially fun for me to visit her hometown and witness all the akwardness that ensued.  If I had a quarter for every time she raised her glass to someone and said "cheers at cheers!" I'd have enough to do my laundry for a year. 
Also let the record show that I'm wearing a Marc Jacobs kimono that I purchased in high school. So ahead of my time huh? Unfortunately, I think I can call it vintage now. Also wearing Charlotte Ronson shorts and Kain Label T.
Live Mariachi bands are always a good thing.
Finished off the evening with a divine dinner at Farmstead. You must finish your night here if you come. Meet the chocolate cream pie, also known as heaven. 

If you're still standing after dinner you can go to the one, I repeat one, bar in town, Anna's. I kept hearing "Are you going to Anna's?" "Will I see you guys at Anna's?" Who the hell is Anna? I kept thinking. Well, now you know.
Then the next day head to Giugni's for a sandwich to help ease the hangover. You must have their giugni juice on your sandwich and actually, do as I did and buy yourself a bottle.

This would be an amazing event to attend to kick off a weekend trip in wine country so plan accordingly! 

Comments

  1. HAha, this post cracked me up - love the staged pic of your girlfriend, your vintage Kimono and I really need to experience Anna's. St. Helenaian here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That staged photo is ADORABLE. Well done, haha. This sounds like such a fabulous place to visit!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kimono is so cute! What a great buy -- good thing you saved it! This is why I almost never let go of some of my old clothes.. I just know that one day I might want to wear something, and if I let go of it, it'll be gone forever! Haha, ok that was a little too dramatic, but I'm being so serious!

    That staged photo is so good! If only my "candids" came out like that, haha.

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    Stop by again soon! xoxo!
    http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts