just like buttah


homemade raw cashew maple cinnamon butter & roasted pecan butter with sea salt

I experiment a lot in the kitchen and homemade nut butters are my latest concoction. I made these for a girlfriend's birthday, but they would make great, inexpensive yet thoughtful Valentine's Day treats for your babe. This is a good tutorial to get you started and here are my additional tips because I learned the hard way I love ya:

-When it says to do 4-6 ounces at time, listen. Putting an entire 1lb bag in is not a good idea, just divide it into thirds to make in batches
-When your first batch is the consistency you want, leave a bit in for the next round, I find it speeds the process up moving forward
-Add in liquids like maple syrup when it's already the consistency you want and mix to combine
-Trader Joe's nuts are the cheapest compared to Whole Foods or grocery stores


Comments

  1. Mmmmm, this sounds absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nut butters are my absolute favorite!! I love my toast with almond butter and a little honey! These butters sound EXTRA yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh these sounds yummy! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delish. I'll have to give one a try.
    BTW, I am having 4 days of giveaways at my blog http://aspoonfulofdish.blogspot.com/2011/02/giveaway-day-1.html.
    Check em out and enter if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh i love anything peanut butter + maple syrup.

    Thanks for sharting, love how you prepared them in mason jars with the cloth top, sooo cute!

    I will have to give this a try...

    Miyan

    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts