night at the museum

Photobucket My friend Lo and I visited the Richard Avedon exhibit at the SF Moma in its last week and I would def recommend checking it out if you can. His body of work spans more than FIVE decades and has photographs of everyone from Marilyn Monroe to Andy Warhol to Bjork so walking through the exhibit feels a little bit like time traveling. I also liked it since he had portraits of "ordinary" people and not just celebrities. This was one of my favorites: Photobucket Photobucket We then ventured to the rooftop terrace. They serve coffee up there but I think they should upgrade to wine. Photobucket The best part of it all is that we went for free! My company paid for a year membership to the MOMA for every employee plus a guest so I'll be going to every exhibit this year. Equally as important as the museum is the gift shop. How funny are these Pamela Barsky luggage tags I found there?My favorites are "baggage handler please send this suitcase out first" and "of course this bag is heavy everything I own is inside." Ha! Perfect gift for the frequent traveler.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous post, darling!
    What fun!
    And you look lovely!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving going through your blog! We saw the Avedon exhibit in NYC this summer. It was amazing, he is one of my favorite photographers.
    Also Pamela Barsky is a friend of mine: ) I love her stuff. Come visit us.
    We are following you now!
    XX
    Valerie
    abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts