broadway and brunch

I've made it a tradition that every time I got to New York I go see a Broadway play. The last three times I've been I've seen Chicago, Wicked, and this trip was Mary Poppins! Who doesn't love Mary Poppins?? This is the New Amsterdam theater where it was playing (excuse the horrible picture). It was fab-very cool visually-they were constantly changing the sets and they were really well done. No no this isn't a DKNY ad, it's actually just me after the play in Times Square.So after my redeye, walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, shopping in SoHo, and a broadway play it was bedtime...but I was already looking forward to brunch the next morning! I took a lovely stroll down 5th avenue Sunday morning and met my two NY girlfriends for brunch in Gramercy Park at this great brunch place they suggested, Friend of a Farmer. There was a line of course, but it wasn't too long. The restaurant was really cute, it felt like I had stumbled upon the Little House on the Prarie. Orange juice is just a waste of space in any kind of cocktail glass if you ask me... They serve all their omelets in skillets and they're amazing. What's even more amazing though is this wheat bread! Seriously, I know wheat bread doesn't sound that exciting but it's unlike anything I've ever tasted-kind of sweet and chewey.More to come!

Comments

Popular Posts