home: little luxuries


There's something about lighting a candle that brings me a huge sense of satisfaction. It feels luxurious so I revel in those little moments at home. These are a few of my recent favorites, all of them are locally made with the finest ingredients and their own unique take on candles. 

First up, is Le Labo, a NYC based artisan perfumery that takes its craft seriously. Their most popular scent, Santal 26, is my favorite. I love that the label is customized with the date and a name of your choosing. I had "Show Road" put on my label and I'll reveal what that means another time soon :)


I'm a huge fan of all things Scandanavian so when I found Svensk, a San Francisco based brand that celebrates Swedish design and simplicity, I was obviously in. I love the unique combinations of scents like the rosemary and lavender candle I chose.


I found Oakland made Penelope candles at the Treasure Island flea market. My grandma had the most fragrant gardenias at her home when I was growing up so the smell reminds me of my childhood- I've always found the scent intoxicating. The candle is subtly fragrant and I love the faint hint of gardenia it leaves lingering in my bedroom.

Comments

Popular Posts