travel edit: life in a (birth)day


Happy Monday! As I mentioned last week, I recently turned 30 and had epic birthday celebrations that spanned both coasts over three days. I love any excuse to celebrate but even I'll admit it was a bit excessive. A little over indulgence to ring in 30 feels good though. Here's a snapshot of the festivities from left to right:

1. My co-workers wanted to celebrate with me immediately following our meetings in NYC so I woke up bright and early to sweat at Soul Cycle. I'm trying to be good about working out even if I'm traveling. 

2. On my walk back to my hotel, I got lost and ended up at Gramercy Park. I hadn't been there in at least 13 years. Last time I was there I was with my mother so I thought maybe this was her way of saying hi to me on my birthday.

3. Lest we forget, I am here for work with a day packed full of meetings. Celebrating will be that much sweeter after a long, hard day.

4. It's finally time to close our laptops and head out to The Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder on broadway. It was cute. I like watching things about murder, I know that's a little weird to write out, it intrigues me okay?

5. I wanted to go to a classic New York restaurant so I was thinking Balthazar, but wondered if that was a bit lame since it's such a tourist destination (my NY friends assured me it was not lame). I was thrilled to hear that the same owners actually had a new restaurant that recently opened called Cherche Midi so I opted for that one instead. Oh my gosh, I highly highly recommend! The food is amazing and the lighting makes you feel like you're in a Woody Allen movie set in Paris. We had a 10pm dinner reservation (like true New Yorkers) and the place was packed. I love that about New York. A 10pm reservation in San Francisco means you didn't plan ahead and you're getting the one no one wanted. 

6. It's been years since I've worn this Topshop feather skirt, but I've always held onto it because it's so much fun. My birthday was the perfect occasion to wear it again! Here I am turning the sidewalk into a catwalk and irritating everyone around me per usual.

7. This is right after I made my wish/blew out my candle, but right before I devoured my chocolate. I love my co-workers and felt so grateful that I had such a fun night with them.

8. On day 2 (my actual birthday) in NYC, I decided to take a work break late in the day to go buy myself a little treat. The best place for a little treat in NY is Catbird so I ventured to Brooklyn to visit their shop. I picked up a sweet nothing choker and first knuckle ring. It felt special and I was grateful I made the trip from the city. I wear them both everyday now.  

9. This night I celebrated with my NY based girlfriends. We went to Osteria Morini which I saw on many lists as a top NYC restaurant to try and I have to agree. We got 5 pastas and they were all amazing. Pasta is my all time favorite food. This was a really amazing night too.

10. The next day I got on an early ass flight to LA for more meetings and my co-workers in those meetings wanted to do something for my birthday too so they made a reservation in the late afternoon at the awesome rooftop bar at Hotel Erwin in Venice.

11. What's better than drinking Sauvignon Blanc during the day in the sunshine with ocean and palm tree views? Nada.

12. I rounded out the night with my LA girlfriend (the one responsible for getting me to join a sorority in college) at Blue Plate Oysterette. It's been probably 6 years since I had seen her and it felt like 6 days. The friendships you just pick right back up where you left off are the best.

I have one more celebration in San Francisco this Friday that I can't wait to share with you and then I'll be officially birthday-ed out. More shots on my instagram @heathersedit




Comments

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts