home edit: my sanctuary

Max Wanger print (mine is 45x30, but there are some on sale for a fraction of the price already framed by some strange miracle on One Kings Lane!), Ralph Lauren Palmer Collection bedding

Over the last year I've gotten more aggressive in making updates to my home. I never viewed my current residence as permanent so I was hesitant to invest in decorating only to move and have nothing I bought work in my new spot, but that type of thinking just doesn't work for me anymore. It's really important that my space is zen so I can have a productive, beautiful life in this very moment. I still don't like the idea of being weighed down by things and want to feel like I could move at a moment's notice if I'm so inclined so I've reasoned I'll just sell it all or give it away. That took me an abnormally long time to figure out!

I spend a lot of time looking at art. I like to select art first so that it can be the inspiration for the rest of the of the space. This can be a long arduous process though because I'm particular and the piece has to speak to me, which is essentially a shot in hell. After seeing a picture of Patricia Herrara's dining room, I became obsessed with the idea of having an image of a woman swimming under water above my bed. Art is meant to make you feel something and I can't imagine waking up to a more freeing and calming image. One of my favorite local artists, Eric Zener, does beautiful images of women swimming underwater (and I think he is the man behind Herrara's painting), but his work ain't cheap and he only does prints occasionally so I continued to look for alternatives.  I've spent hours and hours at home browsing art online hoping I would find something inspiring. About a year later I looked at Max Wanger's pictures again and came across "Dip." This one was it!  It's very LA and I love that since I grew up there. Few things are more gratifying than finding a piece of art that speaks to you, right?

Any artists or photographers that you like that I should check out? Definitely have a lot more space on my walls I'm looking to fill! Have a great weekend xo

Comments

  1. I absolutely love that print! There's definitely something calming about just looking at pools

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts