beauty edit: j'adore dior


Hello from NYC! I'm in town for work, but I turn the big 3-0 today and have a week of celebrations with my friends and co-workers here that kicked off yesterday. I'm having the best time!

I'm staying at The Dream and brought my beauty essentials in my beloved Cuyana travel cases as I always do when I travel. I consider myself low maintenance in the make-up department (I take 15min or less to get ready), but I sure do buy a lot of beauty products. I'm trying to get to a place where I have my set of go-to essentials and a "look" depending on the time of day to make getting ready easy. I'm not quite there yet as I am very particular. I feel bad really for Sephora employees who encounter me. "I want it to look like my lips but better" is my typical direction where I proceed to reject almost everything they suggest. I finally found someone at Sephora who got me (Caroline) and started me on Dior lip products. They're the best across the board in my humble opinion and are the cornerstone of my lip beauty routine for spring, which consists of natural California girl colors in pink and peachy tones. I started out with their lipstick and recently added two more products to my routine so peep the selfies below that I took on my balcony with my messy hair wearing each product and why I like it...


Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick #667: This is my everyday go to lipstick that Caroline at Sephora chose when I told her I wanted something that was like my lips but better (no longer working there sadly, but a great instagram beauty account to follow). The lipstick's color is a more saturated version of my own lips so it looks natural. It's moisturizing, yet stays well. Definitely one of my favorite products.


Dior Addict Fluid Stick #338: I was looking for a peachy lip update for spring and this shade is really pretty. I love liquid lipsticks in general, but find them quite drying. This one is great because it gives that super pigmented look and staying power of a typical liquid lipstick, but is creamy and not drying.


Dior Rouge Brillant Lipgloss #468: I got this last weekend and absolutely love it. It's that perfect shade of baby pink. It's glossy, but not sticky. I've been wearing this one at night with natural make up. A good one if you're going to be kissing your fella too :)

Have you tried any of these? Do share your favorite lip products in the comments! I think I'm good for light colors, but could actually use some recommendations for darker colors that are nice for spring....


Comments

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts