style: airport edit


Hola, just got back from a week in frigid New York and am thrilled to be back in San Francisco sunshine. Even though I'm back to living in the US, traveling remains a big part of my life so it's important I feel good about myself in transit. That means a variety of things like dressing well and not indulging in wine every PM flight (I know, no fun). 

I've developed a formula for easy and chic airport outfits: light sweater, leather leggings or jeans, delicate everyday necklace, scarf that can double as a neck pillow (scarves are cuter than neck pillows), large tote or bag to hold my essentials (healthy snacks for every mood are most important: 1 sweet, 1 salty, 1 savory), a coat that can double as a blanket, and comfortable, but still visually pleasing shoes.

Now,  I am normally a short boots or chic flats kind of girl when I'm on the go, but I have been really into Reebok's Skyscape "runaround" sneakers. When I first decided after much mental debate to partake in the sneakers trend, I knew they had to be fancier, and it was Superga's satin sneakers that had sold me. It turns out they were either too big or too small so I thought fate had decided I would, in fact, sit this one out, until fate unexpectedly came knocking again, and this time it was Reebok. These shoes are like walking on clouds and the neoprene-like material still gives them the sleek look I was craving. I used to throw on my running shoes to walk to pilates, but when it's time for class now I put on my Skyscapes and scowl at my running shoes the same way I scowl at my heels on Monday morning. I wish I had them in Europe as they would be perfect for city exploring. They're on sale now in many different styles so the iron is hot if you want to strike.



Check out my Instagram @heathersedit where you can see pics from the YouTube Space NY fashion show I attended last week as well as another outfit styling the sneaks in blue






Comments

Popular Posts