fancy hiker

 vintage Chambray shirt (love this Everlane Chambray for fall), lace shorts, Gucci Disco bag, Zara slides (similar Birkenstock slides here), Christy Natsumi necklace, 

I have a complex about looking cute on hikes. It would be so easy just to throw on tennis shoes and work out clothes, but no, I want to be put together and picture ready for absolutely no logical reason. I listen to my instincts though, so each time I hike I aspire to put together something casual, but presentable. This kind of thinking lead to a less than ideal decision for our beautiful hike in Cappadocia, Turkey. Namely, wearing my slides vs my Nike Free's to hike. To my credit, I thought we would be walking along a flat path and not scaling a mountain, but we actually scaled a steep, near pathless mountain comprised of loose dirt.  I felt so incredibly accomplished when we got to the top in the way you always do when you finish a steep hike, but even more so in this case since the odds were against me in those damn shoes. Ultimately, we had a lot of laughs and I wouldn't change a thing.

PS. Krystal was in head to toe Isabel Marant so it's not just me
PPS. Follow along our Turkey adventures on my Instagram & Facebook

Photos by Krystal Bick

Comments

Popular Posts