la duree

 As I mentioned in my Refinery 29 feature (which you should check out if you haven't already), the famous La Duree needs to be your first stop in Paris should you go.  It is a pastry shop come traditional French tea salon that was founded in 1862 so you know it has to be legit. The ambiance is incredible and you basically just feel really fancy when you're there. I love feeling fancy. 
 I ignored the fact it was a tea salon and ordered a cappuccino. I normally never drink coffee either so an odd choice indeed, but you know me, always going rogue. 
 I really wanted to get macaroons, I did, but I realized that I can get macaroons lots of places, albeit probably not as good. So the internal struggle began where I tortured myself over my choice and asked the waiter for another minute approximately 3 times. Then I realized, fuck it, I am coming tomorrow too and I can try the macaroons then. So this is my prize, a Suces Praline: praline cream on top of a crispy biscuit, then dipped in chocolate and more pralines. It was amazing and different from any dessert I have had. I love it when I make the right decision. 
Alice's macaroons: vanilla, caramel with salted butter, raspberry, and coffee
Now that I've seen these, the excitement I had over the Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes of my birthdays past seems silly....actually, I take it back, but these are almost too pretty to eat...almost.  

*Sorry for the unexpected hiatus! Between real illness, hangovers, and a massive workload, my blog is the first thing that suffers. I know that means you suffer, so for this I am sorry, but I'm talking about Paris still so this should make up for it. 

Comments

  1. saw the refinery 29 feature and it looks like you had such a blast! totally jealous!

    style-extraordinaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW pretty are those little macarons? Dying.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Totally looks like pastry shops on the movies, love how traditional and romatic all looks!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my dream to visit this pastry shop. I've been making my own macarons for awhile, but I doubt they even come close to comparing to those ones! So gorgeous.

    xoxoKelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha going rogue. Next time you have to try the Marie Antoinette tea! But then again I would probably recommend Marie Antoinette anything

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts