with my own two hands

BCBG sweater, J.Crew necklace, self designed skirt, Steve Madden heels, Marc by Marc clutch

I've been cheating on making jewelry with making clothes and this skirt is the result of my first couple sewing classes. My teacher was a little horrified when she saw the fabric and thought I was crazy for using such nice material on my first shot, but I only know how to go full force. In my mind, I was already plotting a boutique line and strategizing how I will balance my time sewing before I even stepped into my first lesson. The material is a little tricky because it's not very forgiving, but I'm pretty pleased with myself.  I'm dying to make a pair of jacquard pants next. 

Comments

  1. Dang! I love your whole outfit! The shoes, the bright blue everything! Can't believe that you made the skirt yourself!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt looks adorable! I think you have inspired me to take up sewing lessons again, it was so much fun and very enjoyable. xx-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt looks great!Not bad for your first creation!

    P.s.Congratulations on winning contest and going to Paris! Yes,we've heard you screaming even here, in Cyprus!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shoes! Just discovered your blog...cute style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright and nude combos are amazing! Even more paired with hot leopard heels, adore the look!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute !!! I love this outfit !!!

    Love the combination of colors !!!!

    Great blog ! and thanks for the comment :)

    http://rocknrealprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. those leopard shoes are HAWT! and i love the color of your skirt!

    http://www.laplacard.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally impressed lady! And ur hair is looking extra awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, that skirt is SO cute! You did a fab job. And I love your necklace.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love absolutely everything about this outfit, and am SO impressed that you made this skirt!! Good job, lady! And good for you for being confident enough to use nice fabric on your first go! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The skirt looks fabulous! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts