patchwork

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 H&M dress, Tory Burch boots, Proenza Schouler sunglasses, mama's vintage belt

I love this time of year so much, especially Halloween and I am so sad it's over! I come from a long line of people who have a higher than normal enthusiasm for the holiday, especially my mama. There was the time in 7th grade when she told all my friends she was dressed as the "Goddess of Seduction," which she was referred to as ever since. Or that time I came home from college and she excitedly threw a stack of three local newspapers at me to show me her picture on the cover of all three papers...in costume. And not just any costume. At the time, she was attending a community college many of my friends were also attending and she decided to cover herself in head to toe leaves to dress as Treebeard from Lord of the Rings and go to class. I'm not even kidding.

Last year, I had big hopes for the pumpkin patch, but when we got there it was one of the pop up patches in a parking lot. After clenching my fists and stomping my feet in disappointment much like a 6 year old, I embraced the patch and had a great time anyway, but THIS year I did my research and we drove an hour outside San Diego for a real pumpkin patch at Bates Nut Farm. We picked pumpkins off the vine, ate corn on the cob, and listened to live country music. Much, much better. 

My outfit really got me in the Halloween spirit because it made me feel a little bit like I was wearing a witch costume, although I'll continue to wear it past Halloween.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
May I introduce to you all to our masterpieces: Icabob and Fester (he's white duh). Icabob was so heavy he actually shattered the glass table he was being carved on. whoopsie.

I would also like to add that Icabob only cost $10...way more economical than non farm patches.

Comments

  1. Woowww you're enchanting! love your dress and ypour boots!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! I love your dress and boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a blast -- I love pumpkin patches! And your boots are positively to DIE for.
    xo Josie
    http://winskmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha, that's too funny about yout MOm! How fun to have a mother that into Halloween ;) And love your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those boots ROCK!!! by the way.
    and your mom sounds hilarious!
    good to know there's a cute pumpkin patch near San Diego! Julian is a really cute area too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom sounds hilarious. I am a freak for holidays too though.

    Love your H&M dress.. are you going for Lanvin collab??

    ReplyDelete
  7. LLLLLLLove it !!!!!

    xoxo
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty bummed Halloween is over too :( And what's up with this SoCal weather. It's been in the mid 90s in LA and hotter in other parts!

    Love your pumpkins and you're right - what a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  9. did you see this shiz? somebody likes your style
    http://www.fashiontoast.com/2010/11/off-melrose.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. great stories about your mom, she sounds like a hoot! glad you found a pumpkin patch as everyone imagines....love, love, love your boots.

    Miyan

    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in that dress. I saw it at H&M but never imagined how cute it would look on! I think the belt is the kicker. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool dress and I am in love with your boots!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts