ring envy

Photobucket
Photobucket

I have been wanting a YSL Arty Ovale ring for a while now, but I had originally assumed that one would be out of my reach. I eventually decided to google it just to see how much it costs and to my surprise at just under $200 it isn't the most practical purchase, but not completely out of the realm of possibility either.

One fateful day last week I decided: today is the day I'm going to buy this ring. On my lunch break, I ventured to Saks & Neimans only to find that they don't sell them and was told likely the only place to get one is the YSL store in NY (wahhht??). I returned to my computer to google YSL store locations and found that there was indeed one in San Francisco. I called the store and they confirmed that they had the Arty Ovale rings I was looking for..success!

I took a giddy stroll down Maiden Lane and was met with two huge brass YSL structures, similar to what I would imagine the entrance of Narnia to look like. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get in, maybe there's some sort of damn password I thought or maybe they were just closed.  I called the store and asked how to get in (it was an embarassing phone call) and he said just walk right in from Rodeo....Rodeo??? The YSL store in San Francisco was in fact closed for remodeling and all calls were being forwarded to their Bev Hills location...but they don't say "Hello YSL Rodeo" so I hadn't realized.

Defeated, I returned home. They do take phone orders so all hope is not lost, but that particular store was out of the single stone deep blue lapis ring, which is the only one I want. Since this is the older version the likelihood of me getting my little paws on this ring is dwindling each hour that passes.

Since then I've bought 3 pairs of shoes (oops) so I will have to nurse my bank account back to health before I go on my quest for a phone order. Until then, Arty.

Comments

  1. Every ring I've loved, I've lost... so so sad :(

    lovely blog,

    farisita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you sister! I've been looking for a particular David Yurman infinity ring forever. Found out they don't make the one I want anymore... so I must settle with their newer version :( Good look in your search!

    inthecitywithcrystalin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEE that ring too.. my fingers are too small for them sucks.. This ring is SO stylish and interesting.


    xx
    http://mandalyzing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes! those are gorgeous rings <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous ring! oh wow, sounds like u had quite the ordeal while tracking down this ring! hope u will find one soon:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahhaaaa
    sounds like the sort of thing i would do !
    but i agree the rngs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got an award on my blog dear!

    http://missneira.blogspot.com/2010/01/yay-for-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those rings are gorgeous. I hope the ring fairy leaves some under my pillow tonight.

    Love & Aloha,
    S

    http://elisharon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have it on the site of Saks now!
    And also on the site of YSL!
    You should click on E-store (US only).

    x Krizia

    www.krizia-shark-attack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts