exciting news!

I entered KCRW's 1st Annual Good Food Pie Contest in LA this weekend! I've been watching the Food Network pie competitions and have always wanted to go to one but I'm ever happier that I'll get to compete in one! I'm going to enter my mom's pumpkin chiffon pie family recipe. She would always make two pies every year for Thanksgiving and I would literally look forward to it all year. She passed away about four years ago now and every year my dad would email me the recipe and it would fail miserably. I would try and try and it always turned out like goo and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. Last year, my dad mailed me my mom's recipe box and it turns out he couldn't really read her hand writing so when i was adding FOUR cups of sugar I was suppose to be adding 1/4 cup. It made a pretty large difference needless to say and last year was the first year that I FINALLY got it right. I'm a little nervous because they have some pretty serious judges like Stefan from Top Chef but I keep reminding myself this is just for fun. Read more about it here. So I'll be practicing the rest of the week to prepare for the contest...wish me luck!

Comments

  1. So exciting, darling ~ best of luck!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather - Thank you for the sweet comment and support :)
    Hope your doing lovely... i'll have to stop by your blog for the updates eh?
    LOVE your jewelry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so exciting. what a great thing to be a part of. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts