the cheesecake that got away

Saturday N and I went to the San Diego Food and Wine festival and it was a gorgeous day to be outside and to eat and drink all day long.Photobucket PhotobucketStraight from the barrel. Photobucket I wore a DVF top, Robert Rodriguez shorts, and the real star of the outfit, my color block Charles Jourdan shoes from Paris. I happen to be holding my very first pork belly. I suppose my only comment is that it tasted what you would imagine pork belly to taste like. Too bad this rather large man behind me hijacked the photo op. Photobucket There were so many great things to try and I was so full about halfway through but powered on. Ironically, although I liked these a lot, these pictures are not of my favorites. I ate those too fast.PhotobucketPhotobucket This is a ceviche that had wasabi avocado sorbet on top...super unique. Photobucket Then we came to the stand with CRICKET tacos. As i threw up a little in my mouth, N was down to try. I'm open minded but let's be honest, not that much. Photobucket All this washed down with lots more wine and these amazing dark little Italian cherries that will make you swear off the neon red kind forever. Must locate these. Photobucket

Comments

  1. MMMMM nuthin like some good ol crickets -N

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts