spread

Also out this weekend is Spread. Spread is an indie movie that caught a lot of attention at the Sundance Film Festival because of its raw sexuality and the fact that it's Ashton Kutcher's first major dramatic role. After the festival, it was picked up by Overture Films. My dad heads up Anchor Bay Entertainment and they distribute the studio's movies so he is involved in the selection process. Overture is a different kind of movie studio because it wants film makers to take risks and to break new ground, rather than produce high budget blockbusters or cookie cutter films. They've only been around about a year but have already made some quality movies like Academy Award nominee Last Chance Harvey. I'll post more about their other movies another day. Pink's hot dogs in LA is even having a special "spread" hotdog in the movie's honor. A fun little fact my dad told me is that they were trying to get Ashton to go to Pink's to get the hotdog then fake being run over by a car a la punk'd and keep the rumor going for 12 hours. I didn't hear anything about that so I don't think he ended up doing it. If you see it let me know what you think! Check out the trailer here I haven't seen it yet but I'll be checking it out once I'm back from NY.

Comments

Popular Posts