style: notting hill

Dress: Pixiemarket (under $70) Shoes: Everlane, Hat: Cuyana, Bag: Mansur Gavriel, Sunglasses: Celine

Greetings from London! I'm staying with my friend in Notting Hill and it's been sensory overload with all of the beautifully colored homes. I just met David Beckham at a smoothie shop in the neighborhood though so who cares about the buildings! It wasn't so much "meet" as he bumped into me and said "excuse me" to which I said nothing and kept my gaze forward (I'm 5'1, looking up is effort), so he followed with "sorry," to which I replied "you're fine" only to look up and meet David Beckham's piercing golden eyes. I ordered my smoothie then sat calmly and silently within two feet of him while we waited for our respective orders. In my head I was frantically debating if I ask for a picture (too much I decided) or at least tell him I love his wife's clothes. In the end, I didn't acknowledge him, but looking back, I kind of wish I had. I was shell shocked okay! I normally wouldn't acknowledge celebrities, but David Beckham alone with me in a smoothie shop in Notting Hill seems like a special case. Now I'll have to live a life full of regret. He was just as gorgeous as you would think FYI.

In other mental debates where I actually made the right decision.. I wasn't sure if I should keep this dress and I'm so glad I did as I've been living in it since I got here (except I met DB in workout clothes, he was in workout clothes too, so we are obviously both into health and fitness). I'm normally not one to hide all of my God given gifts in a mumu like this, but it's sooo comfy and the only thing I've wanted to wear while recovering from jet lag. It's the perfect summer dress to throw on for some exploring.

I'm documenting all of my adventures on Instagram so follow along @heathersedit :) Cheerio! 

Comments

  1. You probably did the right thing by not saying anything tbh! I'm sure he appreciated that you were so chill ;) Love your dress!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Colleen Thank you for the support in my decision :) That makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts