accessories edit: mansur gavriel


When I was little and watched my Mom go shopping, it would absolutely blow my mind that she would buy a sweater, for example, in multiple colors. It felt like she was giving up hope to ever find another sweater again and it seemed incredibly... boring. Clearly, I was young/foolish/an idiot.

 I realize now in my old age, for wardrobe staples, if you find a piece or brand that works for you, ain't nobody got time to find another one. Nowadays I buy tees from Everlane in every color, I have these Charles David pumps in white + nude, and for bags, I turn to Mansur Gavriel. I alternate between their black and tan tote for work/travel, their white bucket bag on weekends, and the matching clutches at night so I just "grab and go" depending on the time. It's super easy and preserves my brain power with out sacrificing any chic.

Now, the easy part is loving Mansur Gavriel, the hard part is actually getting one of their bags. I've been lucky to snag a few using these basic tools: dedication and persistence. Here are my tips below:

Follow all of their social media handles like FB & Instagram (they announce restocks and the next one is TOMORROW! I would go to the site at midnight if I were you)

Know their large retailers like Net-A-Porter & occasionally/randomly search "Mansur Gavriel" in case someone has returned one/more stock is found (I got my tan tote and white bucket bag in this way)

If you see a retailer stocks them online, call in store (I got my black tote from Steven Alan this way)

Subscribe to their retailer's mailing lists (I just got a MG backpack from Need Supply in this way. I know I have a problem, I think I'm returning it! I enabled about 5 girlfriends to get one too when I saw the email before they sold out 10 minutes later).

Pre-order if you can- Barney's has many available and I know a June shipping date is a long wait, but it will pass before you know it.

May the odds be ever in your favor.


 Mansur Gavriel tote on my way to LA


Mansur Gavriel Saffiano large bucket bag in San Francisco over the weekend






Comments

  1. Great post. Thank you for making me laugh. I used to think the same thing but my mom did that with suits & shoes. I truely didn't understand the reasoning behind that type of shopping. I just thought, that's what adults do. They really don't have fun options like us kids. Now that I'm an adult.... I totally get it. Mansur's leather is like no other.

    www.stylegonerogue.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts