sonia

 Sonia by Sonia Rykiel top and skirt, Celine sunglasses (on sale!), Reed Krakoff boots (absolutely love this similar pair), Maje coat (similar here on sale), vintage  necklace

During my most recent trip to Paris, I was wandering in and out of shops in le Marais when I stumbled upon the Sonia by Sonia Rykiel boutique. I have an outfit by Sonia Rykiel that my mother had bought herself in Paris almost 20 years ago so this was an exciting find indeed. Their clothes are for the "nomad, lover, and explorer" -  a spirit I like to think my mother passed onto me.   Sonia by Sonia Rykiel is the sister line created by Sonia's daughter so it's fitting that I would fall in love with this red number years after my mom fell in love with her mother's designs. The thought of my mom exploring a similar street in Paris, wandering into a boutique, and selecting her outfit by the iconic designer just like I experienced makes me so happy. 




Comments

  1. Aw I love it! I want to see the outfit your mom picked out! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will! I'm getting it altered right now as she was a size or two bigger than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story and ensemble. Definitely akin to your spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts