Paris Edit: 3 Day Weekend

To stay: 

For a short weekend, I prefer finding an apartment on Airbnb to feel most immersed in the culture. We stayed in this one and it was phenomenal from the stylish design to the park views.


Day 1: Friday in Le Marais


Le Rouges Enfantes: A 45 minute walk from our apartment, I set off looking for the famous food market, but ended up getting sucked in by rows and rows of antique vendors that line the same street. I opted to park at one of the cafes to people watch and fuel up for shopping. With many outside seats, it's easy to see what everyone is eating so I just choose cafes based on whose food looks the best.


Jacques Genin: I stopped in many jewelry shops that line the neighborhood. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel and Amenie were favorites for clothing. I slowed down my pace as I saw the words "chocolat" painted on a window. I peeked in to find a beautiful candy shop with a chic sitting area to relax for a bit. This is a choccochino which is half chocolate and half cappacinno also known as pure heaven. It comes with a few of Jacques' famous caramels and I can confidently say they were the best I've ever had.




Merci: This is a widely known,  hip concept shop with a curated selection of designer items and unique finds. With an entrance like this you know it's going to be good. Got my boyfriend and girlfriends gifts here.


Merci's Used Book Store Cafe: You absolutely must stop in here after Merci. Highly recommend the detox tea. It's lemony with a big ginger kick that's the perfect afternoon pick me up.


Day 2: Saturday in Montmarte



One of my favorite neighborhoods in Paris, grab a pastry or quiche at and begin wandering. There are loads of cafes and especially good vintage shopping in this neighborhood. We popped in and out of shops until we made our way up to xx cathedral to take in the breathtaking view. Grab a late lunch at one of the many cafes and head to Le Richer for dinner.


Day 3: Brunch in Montmarte, Dessert in


I only had a half day on Sunday and I had one mission: Eclair Genie. I hopped on a city bike for quite a comical tour of the then . It was marvelous.

If you don't have a trip to Paris in your near future, I suggest you change that stat. It was my 5th time there and it only gets better and better once you've done all the touristy things.

Comments

Popular Posts