she created her own luck

ALC suit blazer and pants, Dents gloves, vintage sweater (similar Everlane sweater here), & Other Stories boots (very similar Tory Burch boots on sale here!), Mansur Gavriel bag, Ray Bans, vintage necklace, Stila beso liquid lipstick

Happy Monday everyone!

Living in London and working in our UK office still feels like a dream. I beam with gratitude every single day. I've already reached the halfway point and rather than feeling anxiety about this experience ending (which is my instinct), I'm choosing to celebrate that I have 6 whole weeks left and will make the most of it. 

I've already been so happy living out this dream, but last week I got word from my US team that I've been promoted! I obviously can't help but feel incredibly lucky, although I know that none of this happened because of luck. This is something I designed for myself and worked like hell to achieve. I had two dreams that have been my biggest priority over the last two years: to get a promotion and to snag a global rotation at Google. I fully focused my mind, heart, and soul into my work. I often chose to let other areas in my life drop (like blogging...sad face), but I knew where most of my energy had to be channeled to reach my goals. There were many times when I didn't know if it was going to happen for me, but no matter how many times it felt out of reach or I felt like I may be failing, I stayed dedicated, relentless, and now I'm finally here! Figuratively and literally! It was so worth it. Still can't believe it. 

As I aim higher, I obviously want to dress the part so I have loved wearing this suit to work every week. There are so many ways to style it (like in this post), but the pop of red from the gloves is one of my favorites. I really think red + green is the most underrated color combination in fashion. It's not just for Christmas.

Shop the look below and be sure to come back as I have a brand new blog post every day this week! Thanks as always for your support and following along as I chase my dreams. I love having this outlet and a supportive community of women (and some random men). 

Comments

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts