the jacket trick


Lovers + Friends x Monica Rose set (sold out), DVF Blazer (old, but love this DKNY or this Cavalli satin blazer), Ray Bans, vintage Salvatore Ferragamo wedges (similar by Salvatore Ferragamo here), Armani Liquid Lipstick #303

This white faux leather set is the perfect outfit for a summer day, but with some smart styling it can transition into fall or evening. One of the easiest ways I transition a summer outfit is to throw on a fall appropriate jacket like a leather or satin one as I did above. I still prefer the set for summer ultimately,  but I'm in the business of getting a lot of wear out of everything so the jacket trick works well enough for me! 

On another (related) note, you may recognize the set from the recent press Taylor Swift got while wearing it....
Or if have you liked my Facebook page you might have seen me share this photo of Reese Witherspoon when she wore it...
You may, however, remember I wore it back in April for my birthday party here. So that clears up who wore it first (ME!), but the real question is who do you think wore it best?? My feelings won't get hurt, promise.

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!



Comments

  1. What if they read your blog????

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-Swift is totally stealing your style! ;) LOVE this set, it's absolutely adorable (on all 3 of you!) and I love that you layered the eggplant jacket over top! Totally makes it transition-able! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! That jacket is gorgeous!
    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you don't get your feeling hurt. I applaud that. That being said, hear are my thoughts.

    I love the jacket you're wearing. Very chic & the rich eggplant tone is stunning. The opera length sleeve is feminine & season appropriate. The two piece set, clearly very pretty. However, that black sandal & the thick bands are visually distracting. That coupled with the fact that the photographer took the photo down below you (in the first pic), it makes you look shorter than you are. I get that, that's how you're supposed to make the model look taller but I think straight on would have been more flattering. With your look, it gives me the feeling you're off to dinner, maybe cocktails with the girls outdoors on the water (chilly so jacket required) or possibly a concert/play. This look is elegant, modern & not overstyled. I like that.

    On Reese, the look is clearly for day. It's lite, airy & fresh. Oddly enough, her legs look the same size as yours so very flattering length on both of you. I do like that with her realizing she's short (or maybe he stylist realized it), she went with more of a nude/flesh tone sandal. However, this causes the ensemble to look more casual & suitable for daywear.

    So basically, I think you both look great. (seriously both of you) However I have to go with Reese only because I was distracted.

    www.stylegonerogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shoshana

    Love the honesty! Thanks for the thoughtful response. I agree with you actually. Best I could put together with things I already had. I also really am that short, I'm 5'1 ;)

    H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts