redemption



vintage top & clutch, Jill Sander heels, jeans

Recognize this top? I wanted to share how Rachel Zoe suggested I style it in our video: with dark denim. In the competition I had wanted little shorts or a skirt (gotta show a little leg!), but didn't find anything really that worked. I absolutely love it with jeans & wore this outfit to a friend's birthday party last night. I have to say though...with the utmost respect of course....denim...on New Years???? No. Denim on New Years would be sacreligous. Dinner, out, around town, yes. NYE? No. Absolutely not. Black leather or satin pants would be rad because even if you go simple on bottom it's New Years so the pants should still be a fancy material! Am I right or am I right? 

Now... can we talk about the details in this top? It makes me so happy. 

Comments

  1. i loved the blue pants and thought you should have won personally...i mean, it's NYE not a wedding. leather leggings would the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous top! ... leather leggings I'd say!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really liked the blue pants too! I agree, not for NYE, but what a great and fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the video, so much fun! And I agree, the jeans are great, but not for NYE!!! Way to rock the sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it with the dark denim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top paired with the dark jeans! Too cute.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice redemption! The rachel zoe project how i became aware of your blog. Hope you had a lot of fun! =)

    I wonder how your shirt would look with a mini or a black pencil skirt ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts