party down

 BB Dakota dress, Moyna clutch (can we talk about this one in glitter please?, Kenneth Jay Lane cuff, Zara heels

Well,  I couldn't have dreamed up a better party dress.  I'm a sucker for cut outs.  It's funny how more fabric can actually make an outfit sexier...if this was just strapless it wouldn't be all that remarkable, but those few extra inches of material make the dress. The full skirt and knee length (on me anyway, probably shorter on you if you have grown since 6th grade) balance it out, but the best part is....
It has excellent twirling capabilities.  I will caution you even though it's knee length, it can get real inappropriate, real quick. You know how when you've had some libations you are always suppose to remember you are not as sexy as you think you look when you're dancing...same goes with twirling, probably not as adorable as you think you look after a liter of cocktails. Good rule of thumb I'd say is to try not to twirl past midnight. For the record, I actually don't know this from personal experience because I prefer twirling in day light by myself while groups of strangers look on as my friend takes pictures of me. The blog trumps dignity yet again. 

Comments

  1. This dress is gorgeous on you! Such a perfect holiday dress! And I am dying over the entire last paragraph... all so hilarious, and so true! Also love that you paired this dress with the leopard clutch! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! That's a fun lovely dress, the color is so cheerful, love the neckline and oh dear the touch of leopard was just the perfect finishing touch!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look DARLING. I love your dress, and that last picture is absolutely adorable!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing dress! i am laughing out loud while simultaneously searching online for a dress i can twirl in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute post. Love the dress, great find. You should totally use our app for documenting your amazing finds. Plus, you're local, you can help us add more gems! Find us on @srslyApp for more info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them all! the twirling one totally came out cute :-)

    xx,
    tara


    www.thewondergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, what we do in the name of blogging! ;) And you're totally right wouldn't be sexy as strapless.

    PS: Your comment made my day! Obvi, you're a top daily read of mine too - you never cease to make me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowsa, girl- you are looking good! love the color

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this dress is HOT! you look smoking!
    xx sylvie

    http://legoldenrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. many years spent as a figure skater = love of twirling! And I agree, more fabric sometimes is sexier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts