rules of summer: pool edition

myspace image at Gickr
Oh I've spent many a sleepless night pondering what my first "how to" should be. I'll spare you a braid or smokey eye tutorial and give you what I do best: how to amuse yourself in a boring situation, pool edition. It was too hot to be anywhere besides the pool in Palm Springs so should you find yourself in a similar summertime situation, these are my tips:

1. Stealthily swim up to the side of the pool and stare at other hotel guests. See what they do.


2. Create a synchronized swimming routine. Boyfriend optional, but highly recommended for a more advanced routine with flip/jump integration.


3. Play I Spy. Choose something barely visible. Witness the struggle.


4. See how long you can do things: how long you can hold your breath, sit at the bottom of the pool, float et al.


5. Make sure you have a cocktail in your hand approximately 60-75% of the time.


You're welcome.

Comments

  1. haha! great tips! wish i was going somewhere with a pool!

    http://www.style-extraordinaire.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT. I love the I Spy idea!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cocktail only 60-75%?! Im surprised you didnt incorporate it into the swimming routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie-
    No no, cocktail 100% of the time, physically in your hand 60-75%. you gotta be hands free sometimes to properly execute the moves girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this. you're hilarious and cute to boot. maybe will see you tonight!

    xo,
    tara

    www.thewondergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great ideas - I love all of these things.

    http://louboutinsinlalaland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha this cracks me up! I couldn't agree more with the cocktail in hand- it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, darling! I especially agree with the drink in my hand:) Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts