as girly as it gets

H&M dress worn as top (last seen here), Club Monaco skirt,Rebecca Minkoff bag, J.Crew necklace (now in blue!), Bettye Muller pumps from Gilt, Giles Brothers Bat Earrings (more bat earrings here and here-you need a pair)

I love to feel and look feminine, but I normally shy away from anything too girly. This skirt was pretty poofy so I was hesitant to try it on, but it was neon, so what's the worst that could happen? I was surprised to find I loved it! Even more surprised when I paired it with two more girly accents: a sparkly necklace and lace. To counteract this, I immediately exchanged my usual pearls for my bat studs and retired my nude pumps for snakeskin. After a round in the washer the poof even went down, as if it read my mind as I looked at it and thought stop fucking poofing so much skirt. And I lived happily ever after over a bottle of Pinot at Amelie

Comments

  1. omg! you look so cute! love how you turned a dress into a top. unnoticeable! love it!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I wish my clothes did what I wanted them to! ;) This outfit goes so well, the neon and lace, and that bright purple against the yellow neon looks amazing! xx-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah! you're so funny! I love this outfit! The neon + girl + purple accents are great! I love the bag too!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally in love with your purse! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that skirt! It's so flattering on you, and such a great, sunny color.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Actually was wondering this morning if I should get a neon skirt or not, after seeing yours I'm so goint to get it, love the way the bag pops out!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is gorgeous. I really love the top/dress! and Rebecca minko, oh how i want a bag of hers so bad! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I really like your outfit !!
    Nice blog :)

    xoxo from Italy

    http://kamila-peppermind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely lovely!! I love the purple with the yellow and the python pumps are crazy good!!

    ~Meghan

    Voila-Meghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute skirt *

    Lady Fashion, OUI?
    Have a fashionable day!
    XOXO
    IT *

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neon <3 The brighter the better! Glad you bought this it's awesome and despite the bright color you'll get so much use out of it

    The Internet Garbage

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your outfit! cute cute skirt. ps. your standing around the corner from my apt. pps. i go to amelie at least twice a week. our next date = there. the end

    xo, tara

    www.thewondergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look so fresh!!! cute outfit!

    xoxo
    P&P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your outfit, i love anything girly and the yellow is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I love using a dress as a top!

    MINDOFMR.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts