jelly: a love story

 Vince top (last seen here), LF shorts, Steve Madden shoes from Loehmann's, Linea Pelle belt, Carerra Sunglasses, Ben Amun cuff, Furla jelly purse bitches!

I stopped in my tracks when I saw this purse at Bloomingdale's. It hit me like a lightening bolt. What is this bright red doctor's satchel looking situation made from the same jelly material as my childhood shoes? So what if I was actually there to return something? Sue me.

I found the nearest sales girl to determine if it was eligible for the private sale. Indeed it was. As I turn to retrieve my prize, I see it in another girl's hands. I could tell she loved it almost as much as I did...studying herself in the mirror, triumphantly swaying it from side to side. Panic sunk in when the sales girl told me this was actually the last one, that they have been selling out everywhere. My adversary caught our glance so my sales girl quickly instructed me: "Walk away. Act like you don't want it."

So I walked away like the good purse enthusiast I am, peeking every so often from behind the Kate Spade display. She was not putting the damn thing down! I felt a wave of relief when I noticed she had an impatient boyfriend waiting with her. There is no way a boyfriend is going to let his girlfriend buy a big red jelly purse. There's just no way.  This is the one time I actually felt happiness my boyfriend was not around.  In that moment, I knew victory would be mine.

She finally puts the purse down with hesitation. This is when I strike, grabbing it the instant it hits the glass table. As she walked away, she gazed back at me, a single glistening tear in her eye. Just kidding. She didn't cry. She did give me a look like I just ran over her new puppy though. Ah, I love winning.

*If the purse strikes your fancy the Furla store in the SF mall has it in red and pink as of a few days ago

Comments

  1. Love it!! YaYAaya for winning : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bright red bag! And that story is absolutely hysterical.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag was meant to be yours! I mean last one? that means yours!, I love the candy bags, wish I had pink one, loved it paired with the casual outfit!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. SF weather these day are awesome!enjoy it!

    http://ieatyogurtforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog & after reading this post, I'm officially a follower! So glad you got the bag & thank heavens for impatient BF's(at least when they're not yours!).;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwwwesome bag! i love it!! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING! So glad you picked it up! I adore the color and the iridescent quality that the jelly material gives it. I bought a pair of adult "jellies" last year but sadly, the my feet get so sweaty that I can't even wear them haha... so.. the bag is a much better choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Nice work. You truly earned the purse, and it's super awesome. I'm an SF blogger too and really dig your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JELLY! :D I remember those super awesome jelly shoes that were so popular when I was little! So jealous you have a red jelly purse! Good thing your boyfriend wasn't with you shopping! ;)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too funny :) I have the candy bag myself and I LOVE IT. Im so smitten I got both the red and the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab shoes! Following your blog now!!

    XO, Liza
    fashion over groceries

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts