regalito rosticeria

I spent a lot of my break burning through many of the daily city deals I've accumulated. You name it, I'm signed up for the daily deal. My friends told me they have started deleting them, but that is blasphemy! I carefully comb through every single one, cross reference yelp, treasure them, love them as my hypothetical first born child. Regalito Rosticeria is a Mexican restaurant in the Mission that is just one of the many absolute gems I have discovered through such deals.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sangria and I have a complicated history. I studied in Spain in college and went to the running of the bulls in Pamplona where my girlfriend and I proceeded to buy $2 bottles of sangria and when we were running low we started filling them with vodka for good measure. I rarely want to stomach it to this day, but this was surprisingly light and fresh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Chicken Tamales with black beans, not on the menu all the time so we got lucky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pollo Regalito with lime marinade and house made corn tortillas. 

This was so good and healthy! I love that they don't serve chips unless you order them as an appetizer and you can choose sauteed greens rather than rice or potatoes with this entree so I felt satisfied, but not overly full as I  normally do at Mexican restaurants.

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, this looks super, super tasty! I have to get to San Francisco soon so I can try all of the amazing places you recommend!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there once--but it was a couple years ago and I can't even remember what I ordered. Man, there are about a billion great restaurants within the one block radius of 18th and Valencia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man ... vodka sangria is making me queasy just thinking about it! The food looks fantastic, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this meal looks great, and i love the feeling of being satisfied after a meal and not stuffed so i know what you mean!

    Miyan

    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sangria looks absolutely delicious. is it weird that i've NEVER tried sangria before? i need to do that stat!

    i am kind of obsessed with those daily deals too. some of them are junk, but some are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum... the mission has so many great gems!! great to meet you friday - i'll email you soon about getting together ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts