Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Winter Kate robe, Urban Outfitters shorts, LF t shirt, J.Crew socks, Madewell clogs, Proenza Schouler sunglasses

Wine tasting is one of my all time favorite activities and I am pretty spoiled to live so close to wine country. I've been to Sonoma and Napa countless times, but I decided on Calistoga for this trip and I absolutely fell in love. The town seems to have stood still in time, the wineries are infinitely more intimate and you can bike to basically every one. It's so nice going by bike instead of a car or bus because you don't get too drunk can really take in the scenery and enjoy the fresh air. It makes you feel lucky.

Biking in clogs is surprisingly doable, although the pedals left deep grooves in the wood (you can't really see them and clogs look better weathered anyway if you ask me). One woman at the winery exclaimed "Have you been biking in a skirt?!?" No lady, these are shorts. I'm no fool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At Montelena

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
At Clos Pegasse

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If YOU want to plan a trip to Calistoga, my trip was not pricey at all. I did the Cool Wine Tour for $79 that includes the bike and tasting fees at 5 wineries and stayed at the Calistoga Village Inn for around $100. I knew I was literally never going to be in the room so I chose there because it's a no frills-just need a bed-type of place, but is walking distance to town and so much cheaper than the other options.

Comments

  1. I love those shorts and those absolutely DARLING shoes! You look stunning, as always, my dear. And this looks like a fun time -- glad you got a chance to relax!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine tasting seems like so much fun, I have to go sometime since I'm a total wine lover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Calistoga! Haven't been there in ages, but it's such a beautiful area:) You look so chic, Heather! Love, LOVE your Winter Kate robe!

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just browsed through several pages of your posts and I love your style. It's so effortless yet elegant, plus you take fantastic photos with great color!


    tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Calistoga! Went there last year, took loads of lovely pictures. You capture it so well and I'm in love with your clogs.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! you have amazing pics here
    i really love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Love the shorts! We should meet up sometime in SF!! Blogger meet? haha! Enjoy the last of warm weather!
    xxoo
    http://tunicsandtamarindchutney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wine tasting too, I wish we had a wine country out here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the title on the photo thing.. where do you get your fonts?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts