lamingtons anyone?

{Lamingtons are a sponge cake (or, more traditionally, butter cake) in the shape of a cuboid, coated in a layer of traditionally chocolate icing then desiccated coconut commonly found in Australia}

Have you heard of a lamington? Not So Humble Pie reinterpreted it many times and I am obsessed. I hope they knock cupcakes off their pretty little throne and lamingtons take the world by storm! I've always had a special appreciation for the cake portion of a cupcake as opposed to the frosting, many times I smack half the frosting off. Lamingtons have much better frosting distribution and frosting to cake ratio plus a way cooler name.
Photobucket
Devil's Food Cake

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Red Velvet Lamington for Two

Wouldn't this be perfect for Valentine's Day?
Photobucket

Lemon Meringue

Photobucket
White Chocolate and Rasberry

I've had to readjust my life goals now to not only opening my own jewelry shop but also starting the lamington craze and opening my own lamington shop.

*all images via notsohumblepie.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. I have never heard of a Lamington!! I am really happy I didn't eat breakfast before reading this. They look absolutely delicious. The most important thing is frosting, hehe. The more the better. I'd definitely come to your future shop if I lived in Cali!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those look delicious! I've never heard of them either and now I want to know where I can get some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could see the pics...are there any stores in SF where you can get some? i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

    I can eat red velvet cake all day.....

    farisita

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha - Lamingtons are an Aussie icon and totally delicious!!! Schools usually hold lamington drives for fundraising - they are everywhere :)


    Fashion giveaway @ www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh i love lamingtons! i haven't seen any in the states and back home they only come in chocolate and raspberry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lamingtons.When i was little someone told me they were coated in vegemite so i didn't eat it till i got older.NOM NOM NOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me! Me! Meee! I want those! Yummy.

    Oh, and I'm totally loving your blog. Glad toahve stumbled upon it. Will be tuning in!

    xoxo,
    andyquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look DELICIOUS! The red velvet one especially. And the lemon. And... really, I want them all!

    Just stumbled on your blog, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum, these look amazing! as for my jeffrey campbells, they're sometimes hard to squeeze into, but they're actually very comfortable for me. maybe get them stretched out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my God ... love the pics!!

    <3

    great blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, I have seen lamingtons a few places in London recently and was like, 'what are *you* doing here?' Didn't know anyone knew about them outside of the homeland. I've certainly never seen any that look like that, though! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts