jessica winzelberg jewelry

Photobucket
I first saw Jessica Winzelberg Jewelry in Daily Candy and I was in such awe. Those show stopping stones! The clever placement and pop of color from the extra gem on top! Swoon.

Obviously I had to meet this person. I don't know any jewelry designers so I have no one to give me advice or talk to about it so I emailed Jessica and she was sweet enough to meet with me. She is beyond gracious, spent an entire hour with me while I drilled her with questions, and showed me around her studio. Here are some highlights from our meeting:

How she came up with the concept behind her line
Through a lot of experimentation. For example, when playing with the boulder opals she often uses, she realized adding a green sapphire or amethyst gave each piece so much more depth. She always knew she wanted to use really organic settings to let the stones stand out.

How she keeps her pieces fresh
A lot of research and being aware of what else is in the market. You'd be  hard pressed to find a contemporary jewelry designer whose work she is not familiar with.

 How she chooses where to sell her work
Inspired by her favorite French designer, who believes in limited production of her works, Jessica has a very specific vision of where she wants her jewelry. She wants to limit the stores that carry the pieces to keep them that much more special. Her goal is to have her pieces in 5 stores by the end of this year, including LA and NY locations.

Here's a sneak peak into her studio:
Photobucket

Photobucket



PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket


Some of her pieces she happened to be wearing
Photobucket
Look at how incredible these stackable opal rings are too. Look how they catch the light...
Photobucket
She is such an inspiration and such a great example of someone taking a chance and having faith in pursuing their passion. I definitely took a lot of notes!

 Do check out her website here and if you're in the San Francisco area head to Metier to pick up one of her one of a kind pieces

Have a lovely weekend!

Comments

  1. So pretty! I love that last one

    -andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I love seeing other people's studios. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really awesome, sounds like a really nice person

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post is awesome. i love that you went to meet her. you're taking all the right steps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful jewelry!! So great that you got to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great pieces. thanks for sharing!!

    love your blog!
    stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love looking into peoples studios and how they work.. and the jewellery is so stunning.. Ill def check out the website :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love these necklaces. They are amazing!

    -The Trendy Fashionista
    http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, i like it a lot

    p.s enter my jewelry giveaway!

    http://missneira.blogspot.com/2010/01/perpetual-anastasia-jewelry-giveway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post and those neckalaces are so beautiful, want, want, want!!!
    http://fashionbeadarling.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! love all the colors. I'm always amazed watching ppl make jewelry!

    xoxo,

    Coco

    http://closetfullofnothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - that first picture is stunning!

    Stay safe and chic darling,
    English Rose x
    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful designs! I love the contrasting colored gems. And the photos of her workspace are fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are amazing. I can't even choose which one I like best. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Wanderlusting Fool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts