cookie party

My mom and I used to make mountains of sugar cookies from scratch and spend days decorating around Christmas. It's something I always looked forward to all year and brings back some of my warmest memories of her.  I keep the tradition alive by hosting a cookie party for my girlfriends each year, now with plenty of wine. 
You really can't beat Mrs. Field's sugar cookie recipe. My mom and I went to a mall book signing for Mrs. Fields TEN years ago so my cookbook is actually signed by her.
I kept is small this year to 4 close friends (I had 14 last year!) so I made dinner too. I started off wanting to make mushroom brushetta and it evolved into a whole 5 brushetta spread. This is the perfect little meal for girlfriends and got rave reviews. 
1. Mushroom: Smitten Kitchen (no cream) 2. Artichoke and olive: Smitten Kitchen (no capers)
3. Tomato: classic tomato, basil, olive oil, salt & pepper
4. Ricotta and honey: that's it
5. Pesto: Food Network (less oil)
I also want to thank everyone who entered my necklace giveaway! It was a huge success and there were over 110 entries. 
I'll be having my next jewelry giveaway on my own blog once I reach 100 followers :)

Comments

  1. yummy - it all looks so delicious! :)

    Hope you're having a fabulous festive season!

    www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, so cute and looks super yummy! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love, love, LOVE christmas cookie parties! it is one of my favorite holiday traditions too :)

    those cookies look delicious, and i can't wait to try some of those brushetta recipes.

    happy holidays! xoxo

    -katie

    dailygoodthing.blogspot.com

    ps congratulations on the success of your first give away! let me know when you put similar necklaces on your website, i'll definitely be ordering one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gracious...you're making me hungry! I loooove sugar, and anything tomato-based is a win. Just made some homemade salsa the other night, and I ate it all in one sitting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now you make me hungry. it all looks good and yummy!!!!

    p.s. i just followed your blog. if you have time, please visit my site and if you like it, please follow. i would love to hear from you. care to exchange links?

    xoxo
    sassy rica

    ReplyDelete
  6. heather, ur spread looks amazing! u're making me hungry, lol! what a fun get together:) oh wow, so cool that u're cookbook was signed by mrs. fields!!:D

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats cool you met Mrs Fields. well the food looks really good, im hungry right now. see you soon! holla

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for dropping by :) i just added you to my links.


    have a nice day

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM.YUM.YUM.YUM.YUM.

    Thanks for your lovely comment - of course i'd love to exchange links - i'll add you to my blogroll straight after this comment

    If I don't speak to you before, have a wonderfully safe and chic Christmas my darling =]

    English Rose x

    http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum yum.

    Thanks for your comment. I really like all your jewelry. Gotta follow what you show!

    XO

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still thinking about that brushetta. Sooo good! Thanks for hosting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM!! I'd like to have a bite of those cookies..they look so pretty :)

    http://eclecticdujour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm...is that time of the year when we gain weight! Happy weight with all of the holidays festivities and delicious food! Yum Yum, i'm gonna go and get my share now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious!

    thanks for your visit dear,

    Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy post, darling!
    And those necklaces above are amazing too (but I had trouble commenting on that post for some reason...)

    Merry Christmas, Heather!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts