trader joe's dinner for one

I've been trying to save money to fund my jewelry business so I've been delving into the depths of my pantry rather than going grocery shopping. Tonight I came across a box of quinoa, a can of baked beans, and a bag of spinach all organic and from Trader Joe's. I've always heard of quinoa's status as a "superfood", but have somehow never tried it until tonight. I just followed the directions on the box: basically just cook 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water or broth in a saucepan. It's pretty flavorless so I'd definitely recommend using vegetable or chicken broth (I used vegetable). I also sauted some garlic in olive oil and mixed in half of it. It tasted great!I could not believe how much it made for 1 cup-I probably have enough leftovers for two more meals and still have two more cups in the box. With the other half of the garlic in olive oil I put an entire bag of organic spinach. The spinach on the other hand shrinks an insane amount...this little pile was the entire bag. I heated up some baked beans to complete the meal. This dinner was delicious and healthy. I have more than enough leftover for lunch and everything probably cost me less than $5.

Comments

Post a Comment

tell me something interesting

Popular Posts